Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm Only Two

Posted by eric_wa (ejellison@rockisland.com) on
Thu, Apr 19, 07 at 23:07

days old.

My Golden 300 ducks arrived yesterday. 16 baby ducks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm Only Two

How precious!!!!!!!!!

o

Cute!
When I was young, my parents ordered goslings (sp?).
They were fun to hold - so soft.
But they grew up.
I remember picking raspberries and bending over a little too far and too close to the fenced-in geese.
Have you ever been bitten on the rear by a goose?
Not pleasant.

Julie

o

Julie,

I have 6 Toulouse Geese. They have paired up this spring, so now the ganders are more aggressive. It's interesting how they will charge me, then run back to their mate. When running back they are honking, "look, look what I did. I'm the tough guy, look at me!"

Have not been "goosed" (bitten). Sometimes I put my foot against the fence so they can bite it. I'm usually wearing steel toed boots.

Eric

o

Beautiful picture, Eric!

Before my Dad met and married my Mom, he lived in Sumner, near Tacoma. I remember him talking about raising chickens, ducks, geese, and pigs.

He said the geese made good "watch dogs".

What part of Washington are you in?

Julie

o

Julie,

Lived in Auburn from 1969 to 2001. Movied to my Island property fall of 2001. 100 Miles north of Tacoma.

Picture above of my 6.5 acres.

Eric

Here is a link that might be useful: San Juan Island

o

Wow! Eric,
That looks like a paradise.
You must love it there.

Julie

o

Julie,

Sometimes it feel like a dream. I hope I don't get taxed right off the Island. Not a lot of middle class here. You are either rich or just making it. I'm just hanging on kicking and scratching.

Eric

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here