Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunset on the Pacific Ocean

Posted by jeaninwa (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 07 at 21:11

Rialto Beach near Forks, Washington. I was visiting with my cousin.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See the heart in the clouds in the second picture? That's one of those things I didn't notice until I saw the picture on the computer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunset on the Pacific Ocean

That second one is my favorite. And, you're right, the heart is neat.

o

Spectacular.

o

Breathtaking!! The Pacific is so beautiful.

Kt

o

Thank you. That particular beach is one of my favorite places.

o

Gorgeous, Jean.

Where are you in Washington?

I was born in Puyallup. Don't remember it much though. My parents moved to Wisconsin when I was 9 months old. We did go back to visit every few years though, mostly in the Tacoma and Seattle area. We did take a trip to the Pacific Ocean once for a clam dig and clam bake. That's when I learned to hate clams!

Keep those great photos coming!

Julie

o

Lovely sunset pictures!!
Konrad

o

Julie, I live in a very very small town between Olympia and Tacoma. Not too too far from Puyallup.

My camera class is this evening, and I'm soooo excited!
I work for the school district, and this class was set up by the Washington State Endowment for the Arts. It's free to me, and I'm so thankful I can take advantage of it.

Thank you for the compliments on the pictures. It really helps to have something as beautiful as the sunset at the beach to shoot!

I hope that anyone who has suggestions, doesn't hesitate to give an opinion. Like I said, I'm a total beginner, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jean

o

Gorgeous. The only thing I didn't like was the horizon being a little crooked. Maybe it's something I notice because I don't have good sealegs. I think you could slightly crop the pictures at an angle to level out the horizon? Nice to find the heart when you viewed the picture later. When I was a kid my family went through a phase where we often managed to somehow include an ugly bin in our pictures!

o

OH,I know! My danged crooked horizons! I noticed that too. I have about 20 shots of this sunset, and I'd say at least half of them are crooked! LoL Something I'll be working on for sure!

o

Wow!

Living on the Gulf of Mexico, I enjoy gorgeous sunsets every evening as well...never tiring of them.
We're extremely lucky, aren't we?

o

I'm two hours inland. You sure are lucky.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here