Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I expecting too much?

Posted by gmom74 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 19:37

We already have the Canon S3 IS and the Digital Rebel. I wanted a point and shoot camera that is easy to carry, so we got the Canon A720. It was on sale and was the display model. We were told no one had taken it out of the store. The pictures are pretty bad. I thought just pointing to something and taking the picture is about all you had to do. There are settings like on the other cameras but even with using those, my pictures are not good. Maybe I expect too much out of a cheaper camera. What do you all think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I expecting too much?

I have a Canon S3 IS and also a Nikon Coolpix L14. The Canon does more, of course, but I find myself grabbing the little Nikon more often. It's tiny so I carry it around in my purse all the time. I love the pictures it takes and often think they are equal in quality to the Canon! Before the Nikon, I had the Canon A85 and loved that too. I would still be using it if it hadn't been stolen. If you aren't getting quality pictures from the little Canon you might want to have a local dealer look at it to see if there's a problem.

o
RE: Am I expecting too much?

Thanks, Solstice. We returned the camera today and they swapped it for a new one right out of the box. Brought it home and it is making great pictures. I think there was something wrong with the other one. We wanted a smaller camera to carry around and I hope this one will be our last for a while.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here