Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where'd my pics go?

Posted by lellie (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 07 at 13:54

I have a Canon PowerShot A95.
Never had any problems with it and download images on a daily basis.
I took quite a few shots this afternoon and when I went to download (upload?) them into my laptop, they were gone from the camera!
I've never experienced this before...what happened?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where'd my pics go?

What type of memory(card) do you have?

Do you load directly using a cable or remove a memory card and load from there?

Kt

o

I remove the memory card and plug it into the Scandisk Image Mate, which in turn plugs into the laptop.

This is too wierd.

o

The memory card was blank? You didn't witness any transfering?

I have a question for all. Will magnets remove files?

Could you have placed your camera near a magnetic source.

Eric

o

wish I knew but would be quite disappointed about losing them...I look forward to downloading them like a kid in a candy store...Hope someone can help so it doesn't happen again...someone on that 'puter forum maybe able to help, ...I would post question there, too...
juanita

o

one possible reason:
you might have a corrupt file on the card and it isn't allowing for information to be stored correctly. Re-format the card in the camera.

o

Don't recall being anywhere near a magnet.
How could the card be corrupted?
I'm not sure that's it either, as I've since taken more shots and they've remained.

Very interesting................................

o

A file is possibly currupt, not the card.
The camera stores the files in folders for that day (my canon does at least). Maybe a file was currupt in that folder. I have a Canon PoS, I mean, P&S and it does this more than I care for. Not really a problem, just really annoying.

Did you remove the card, while the camera was on?

FYI, you can recover files from the drive, but the more pictures you take on that card, the harder it becomes to recover. It is writting over the previously stored information.

I still think you should reformat the card.

o

I just MAY have removed the card with the camera on...not sure.
As I download the pics to my laptop, I delete them off the card, so basically, the card is empty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here