o
Cardinal pictures (4)...

Posted by joanmn (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 13:18

they've been so co-operative this year.
Male cardinal on a branch.

Female on branch.

Cardinal in grass.

and finally...last year, we saw for the first time, a male cardinal feed a seed to a female (part of courting). I never was able to get a shot until yesterday, not a good one, but I did get one off!

All with Canon Digital Rebel 400D and Canon 70-200mm F4.0L IS lens.

JoanMN/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cardinal pictures (4)...

Very nice! Love them all but the last one is so very cool, great capture!!!

o

I second Linda. Great shots Joan. I like the one in the grass best. It really captures him in all his bravado.

o

yay! i love how they both look like they're smilin'...the last pix is too cute!

o

Very cute birds!!! last picture is great :)

o

I love em all, but especially love the first one. I wish I had more opportunities to see Cardinals, thanks for sharing.

o

Joan,
These are wonderful. Thanks for posting them for us to see. I'd love to be able to take these kinds of photos of birds.

Are these shots (especially the second one) straight out of the camera or is there any post processing?

I have a Nikon D80 and and hoping to find an equivalent Nikon lens that will do as well as your Canon.

Thank you for any help.
Pam

o

Second one is sharpened only, in Paint Shop Pro X.
The lens I have is amazing, Unfortunately, it cost more than my camera, but it sure is worth it!

o

Thank you, Joan. I agree. Excellent wildlife photos....priceless! < s > I will see what I can find from Nikon or something compatible.

Pam

o

I love all those great pics. Keep posting good photos

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Retouching

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here