Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Website for storing

Posted by big_al_41 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 07 at 13:04

Does anyone know of a website that I can upload my pic's to and then at a later date download back...without a lot of cost or trouble. More like an off site photo storage bank.

I have a lot of photos and i don't want to lose them all if I ever have a problem with my computor. I've tried Yahoo but you can't download more then one at a time which is a pain.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Website for storing

photobucket.com has free service and paid services.

Their free services are great, I use them. They have different up-load options for file size and multiple file up-loads at the same time.

o

but can you then if you choose download then back to your computor in one shot?? What I am looking for is a site that will allow me to store my photos and then if I want download them back to me if my computor crashes etc...will this site allow me to do that ??

Thanks

o

hmm, sure. Right click the photo and select "save as". Then select where you want to save at.

It sounds like your more of less are looking for a backup hard drive. You get those pretty cheap at the store these days, but the photbucket will work fine. Just make sure the up-load option are for the be near the original. Don't have it resized.

Here is a link that might be useful: external hard drive

o

www.divshare.com
unlimited storage, no resizing and no login/upload requirement to maintain the account.
and

www.drivehq.com

o

I've never heard of either of these sites, what a lot of stuff they offer!
JoanMN/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here