SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Any one have a Canon - PowerShot S100?

caflowerluver
11 years ago

The Canon PowerShot S100 has caught my eye. I am thinking of getting that as my new digital camera. I like the fact that it has a CMOS sensor for better low light and sharper photos. I am fine with 12MP because unless you are making poster size prints every time, you don't need much more. On the fence about the rechargeable lithium-ion NB-5L battery. I had that on my last camera and it would run out of charge at the most inconvenient times, so I always carried a backup. But I hear most current cameras go through AA's like crazy.

My last camera was a Nikon Coolpix 8800 that I bought in Dec. 2004. It was one of the highest mega pixels (8) at the time. I could really blow up photos with great detail and no noise. That came in handy for macro shots of flowers. And it was one of the first to have Image Stabilization.

It cost $1000 back then and don't really want to spend that much this time around. I finally realized that digital cameras, unlike 35mm or medium format, are not meant to last. They are disposal. It is almost impossible to find the lithium-ion battery for my old camera now and they are expensive. I have film cameras from the 1940's that are easier to buy film for than to get memory cards for my digital camera that is only 8 years old.

So what do you like and dislike about the Canon? I have read a ton of reviews till my head is spinning. I realize most of those are just people's opinions. But want to know, does it really produce great pictures? That is the reason I buy a camera.

Thanks.

Clare

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Steadfast Construction
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Arlington County's Experienced Custom Deck Builder I Best of Houzz