Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greeting Card

Posted by oceanbaby (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 11:45

Not being into photography or computers maybe you can direct us: We have a photograph with four little one year old babies on it and would like to turn it into a greeting card for their high school graduations. Maximum we would need would be about ten cards. Would you know if there is a type of business that would provide this service? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greeting Card

You betcha! :)

http://mpix.com/productsinfo.aspx?prod=7

http://www.qoop.com/

http://moo.com/products/greeting_cards.php

Those are a few that I know about, I'm sure there are many others. Have you tried taking them to WalMart? I'm thinking that they have that option as well.

A

o

Another choice would be to have the pictures printed (in a smaller size than 4x6) and buy some blank cards and attach the photo onto the front. That looks nice and is fun to do!

o

I keep forgettin how crafty some of you womenfolk are...lol. Thats a great idea, iowagirl!! :)

Andy

o
RE: Grreeting Card

I keep forgettin how crafty some of you womenfolk are...lol. Thats a great idea, iowagirl!! :)

Andy

o

pardon my stutter....

o

If you want to do it yourself as iowagirl mentioned, you may want to go to Wal-mart, Michael's or Hobby Lobby and find special made cards for photos.

Instead of taping the photo to the card, the craft shops have those little triangles (in packages) that holds the photo. You may have seen this done on scrapbook. Simply place 1 triangle at each of the 4 corners of the photo and stick the corners to the card.

If you're familiar with scoring, you also can score (cut at 45 degree angle) the card at the 4 corners position of the photo and just slip in the photo into the scored corner slots.

o

Thanks ashelton80. I make cards to give as gifts using my photographs. I use blank cards and old fashioned photo corners, as ntt hou described. They have some beautiful papers and cards out there now

I package up about a half dozen and give as a little Thank You or Hostess gift.

It is a fun way to use photographs, especially nature photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here