Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Osprey, gull...

Posted by joanmn (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 07 at 9:34

and space center. Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge is something to see, for sure!

Canon XTi.
JoanMN/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Osprey, gull...

Neat stuff Joan. Definitely a hang out for a big bird in the background.

The link below shows the kind we grow around here. (Hope the link works.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Big birds we grow in Amarillo

o

Joan,

Looks like a great place for birding. (bird watching). Are you sure thats a osprey? Looks like a Bald Eagle to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Eric

o

Eric, we thought it looked like an eagle at first, but then decided it was an osprey. I wouldn't place any bets on being right, though.
Is that the osprey helicopter?

o

Yeah, that's our home grown Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft. They get a little touchy about refering to it a merely a helicopter. ;)

o

How about a whirle bird?

Eric

o

Joan,
I'm pretty certain you captured an eagle in your picture, not an osprey. Merritt Island has lots of eagles. I drove through there just a couple weeks ago - something I try to do 3 or 4 times a year - and saw several eagles. Also captured this guy:

Kate

o

Aren't there 2 birds in the pic? One looks more like an eagle. The other could be an osprey?

o

On the left of the eagle/osprey (He sure looks like an eagle in the photo) is a gull. Everytime the other bird dropped something, the gull was right on it.
Kate, we went to Merritt Island WR 3 times this winter, we just LOVE it!

o

Joan,
That is definately a Bald Eagle. An Osprey doesn't look anything like that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Osprey photo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here