Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sylvia, up close...

Posted by joan_mn (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 8:46

she came with our Florida place 5 years ago. She is half-feral, we're not allowed to pet her unless we are feeding her. When inclined, she will rub against our legs, but most of the time, she won't unless we rattle the dish, even if it's empty. We call it her game.
She poses well, though.

Canon Rebel XTi
I got a POTD with this today (Thursday).

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of the Day

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sylvia, up close...

Aww how cute! I love her eyes and white whiskers. The cat that where I work is also named Sylvia and she too was half feral. It took 3 years to be able to pet her.

o

She certainly does pose well. And you capture well! My black cat is camera shy. I keep telling him I'm not going to fire the flash, but he pays no attention. Black cats (especially indoor black cats) can be so hard to photograph.

o

I love black cats...she is a beauty!

Konrad

o

Good one Joan.

My cat is the opposite of a good poser. She is constantly in motion. Just about the time I get a nice shot set up, she moves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here