Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bike ride in the desert

Posted by zitro_joe (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 08 at 1:09

Nothing spectacular, straight out the camera during a bike ride. Some co-workers and I have decided to enter some races later this year. We have been doing this 17 mile trail twice a week.

Yesterday, we had a late start then one of riders folded his front wheel like taco. We lost all sunlight and it was a little intimidating through all of the cacti. One decided to reach out and touch me. I had needles from buttock to ankle. The terrain looks flat in these pictures but that just happens to be this part of the trail.

Zjoe

Here is a link that might be useful: Races

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bike ride in the desert

LOL'd at that last one Joe. Been there and done that.

Some ruggedly pretty country.

o

Yikes, that looks painful! What pretty country.
JoanMN/FL

o

I had my mind on other things, like finding my way out if the desert at night.

This area is also open range for cattle. The are wild and not scared to charge you, either. I tried to take a picture of one but started yelling at me as soon as I stopped the bike, then he started to trot over to us. We booked it!

Zjoe

o

Very nice! Looks like a great place to bike ride, in the daytime of course. There are many different kinds of cactus, but I think most of them bloom in late Summer.

I see the saguaro has a woodpecker hole in it.

Great photos and looking forward to seeing some more!

Kt

o

My wife chalks this up as boys being boys. This actually isn't my crash, but we were playing "double dog dare" on some steep drops, so I had a lot of influence on it happening. Amazingly, all that Paul recieved was a black eye. Erin does wish I would find hobbies that were less dangerous.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zjoe

o

Yikes--I don't blame Erin.

Was that Jumping Cholla that got stuck to you? (I'm not sure I spelled it correctly.)

Susan

o

I saw a clown ride a bike like that in a rodeo once:)

Good thing you make Paul wear a helmet. How's the weather over there?

Kt

o

Some nice pictures in this beautiful terrain! ....but please don't bump these cacti's too much because I might like to
see them soon!..LOL
Konrad

o

Konrad- I will do my best to leave some cacti out for you. It has become joke around the riding group about my attraction for them, or their attraction for me.

Kt- I wonder if that clown rides the same trails we do? The helmet; Paul actually forgot to bring his helmet and tried to ride without one. I had an extra and convinced him to wear it. We may do stupid stunts, but I like to be safe when doing it. Safe and stupid!

o

That was quite a ride. Will be remembered for a long time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here