Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The new cam

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 07 at 0:22

Well, dribbling the old cam on concrete didn't do much for its performance, so, I now have another one. It was more of a price I couldn't pass up than exactly what I wanted, but, here are couple quick shots from today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm not overwhelmed with it yet, but, I suspect, as usual, its more about the operator than the equipment. I'll see if I can get it figured out a little better as I take some more shots.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The new cam

Beautiful!! What kind did you get, easy to use???

o

Thanks bigack. Its a Fuji Finepix S5200. I was really thinking I would move up to a digital SLR, but, this one was a close out and too cheap to pass up. Its got the usual auto functions and so looks to be pretty easy to take standard type photos with. It has a little over 5megs. That is enough for most of what I will ever use it for.

I really like macros and I'm not too comfortable with its auto focus and sharpness yet. But, its early. Probably more "operator" issues than camera issues.

Of course, if anyone has any experience with this camera, I can use all the tips I can get. ;)

o

Nice pictures. What is that first picture of? Good to see that last round of cold weather did not take out your plants.

o

The flowers in your first pic are wonderful, and nice and sharp, too. Hope you and the new cam can get along!
JoanMN/FL

o

Lovely pictures!
I does look like you got yourself a good camera!
Konrad

o

Great Tulips (I think) and Daffodil!

Your first photo looks similar to "Bouquet" Tulips in my garden, but mine aren't blooming yet.

Julie

o

Thanks guys.

I am a little embarrassed to admit I lost track (temporarily of course) of the name of the tulip in the first pic. I planted it a couple of years ago.

I think it is: 'Monsella'
Double Early or Peony Tulip

But, don't hold me to it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here