Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This Evening

Posted by kentuck_8b (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 0:03

Fire and Moon.

I took this photo this evening by the campfire. The rising moon in the background. I didn't have my tripod, so I hand held.

Kt

Image link: This Evening (18 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This Evening

Cool! Looks like a very nice evening for a campfire...

o

It's probably more beautiful in the natural. Good shot.

o

Thank you both. Yes, the beauty of actually being there cannot be captured with a picture. The moonbeams shining through the trees, as it rose above the horizon was stunning.

There was a little breeze and you could hear for miles.

Kt

o

Nice shot Kt!...good combination!
Konrad

o

Hi Kt.
I finally found this forum.

Great photo! Reminds me of going camping, way up in northern Wisconsin, away from big city lights. You can see the milky way and many more stars than down here. We live too close to the interstate, with truck stops, and an intercection with restaurants and too many blazing lights.

The moon in your photo also reminds me of my childhood days when I had a telescope. I could see the craters on the moon, the rings of Saturn, and Jupiter w/its 4 largest moons. Astronomy was one of my hobbies. When I was 12, my hopes were to be the first woman on the moon. Ahhhh the dreams of a child.....

Catch ya later,

Julie

o

Lovely...just lovely.

curly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here