Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I remember when Photography Forum

Posted by juanital (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 12 at 22:24

was a constant 'hangout place for me. I really kind miss it! Is it inevitable to forget the places where you have learned lots and shared?

I think I started navigating away toward Myspace,now Facebook! These 'old' stomping grounds make me feel melancholy. I also learned about gardening on Gardenweb as well as gleaning info from the Computer forum.

Just saying, I miss it, but it's not what it use to be...:(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
I hope you all dont mind

that will be responding from a couple pages back...

and while posted the original mesage -I acknowledge things do move on...

o
RE: I remember when Photography Forum

Yes, I used to come here every day. Guess things change, we find new places to go, and there gets to be too many. I learned a lot here, too.

o

Did we lose the enthusiasm over digital photography?

Seems like a lot of people just aren't as interested in sharing.

I have enjoyed many a pic here. But, without some volume, its kinda like talking to yourself. (Shhh, they won't understand, yes they will, no they won't).

Ha.

o

I just joined, so I don't have the benefit of your experience. What do you think would revive this forum?

o

I guess the "old" regulars would have to start reading and posting, and attract some "new" regulars.
Welcome, Rick-o-chez!

o

@RC-There's a lot of digital photography going on just don't think anyone cares to share or have time. I find I just don't post anywhere as much as I use too & I love sharing pics. Could be as you grow and know it-photographers don't want to because of copyrights, stealing, etc, that kind of thing. The world wide internet has so many choices. I barely use Photobucket, where i upload pics to insert here. I do kind of miss that!

I've posted a link to Gardenweb not sure if photography forum, though, on my website- maybe can promote in that way or through other media-FB, MSpace, & others which someone else may know of, to drum up interest?

Yes-Welcome, Rick-O-Chez!

o

I too remember coming here when I was first cutting my teeth. I haven't been here in sometime. Ironically, it was a Google search of my own email address (bored, I guess) that led me here again.

It's been a huge whirlwind for me really. I dug up an old post on here where I got my first DSLR in 2008. I really didn't mark the date, and honestly it feels like I've been doing this for a LOT longer than four years!

It feels so funny to read the questions I was asking that I now know like the back of my hand. I think I'm gonna bookmark this forum again! I would love to share what I've learned in these four years with folks that are just getting into it!

In the meantime, I'll link to my page on Facebook if anyone wants to examine my visual pollution! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: My Junk :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here