Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moon Holding Water

Posted by kentuck_8b (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 07 at 21:33

The moon is 'holding' water...which is supposed to mean rain within the next few days.

If the moon were 'pouring' water, that means it will rain very soon.

Venus is also in the photo.

Kt

Image link: Moon Holding Water (23 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moon Holding Water

Nice picture! I never heard that expression before...Moon holding water. It must really be true because we got about an inch and half of rain yesterday and more to come today.

o

You did it again. I was hoping when I saw this that you would get a picture of it. You did an excellent shot this time. We had a thunderstorm this morning.

o

Great picture and I love the information.....I will keep that in mind when I am moon watching.

o

Nice picture KT!
You managed to get another 2 tings into the pic!......Excellent!
Good story behind,...but I don't know if this holds any water, LOL
just kidding.
Konrad

o

Perfect!!

o

I like it. Makes sense to me. It's great!

o

What a lovely photo! Love that windmill w/the moon.
JoanMN/FL

o

Well, we did have rain yesterday...Now I'll think of that when I see the moon as thus...I second Joan's remark...Love that windmill with moon...
juanital

o

In this photo also, the moon is 'following' the sun setting.

REMEMBER: The rounded part of the moon is always the side where the sun is shining on it. If the rounded side is to one side as it sets, that is the direction where the sun is at.

Kt

o

Thats the one. The first moon I saw was half full at the bottom. Two nights later it was half full at the top. After that it was full.

o

The first moon I saw was half full at the bottom. Two nights later it was half full at the top.??

You must have seen it at different times of the day for it to do that, such as just after dark, then just before dawn.

The moon increases from 'no'(new) moon to full moon in two weeks, then it goes back to 'no' moon in two weeks. So, each night starting at new moon, the moon gets increasingly larger until it's full moon in two weeks, then it gets decreasingly smaller each night for two weeks when it disappears or becomes a 'new' moon.

Kt

o

Great photo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here