SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lazypup

My $7 Auto-focus tele lens

lazypup
14 years ago

I have been shooting Pentax 35mm SLR's since 1968. Last September I decided to start putting some money aside to move up to a digital SLR when as luck would have it, I found a used Pentax *ist DL body on Craigslist for $250. That meant I could move up to a digital body while still using all my 35mm film lenses and accessories.

A month later I ran across an SMC Pentax F, 70-300mm auto focus zoom that had been listed 7 days and there was still no bids. The listing said the lens was for a Pentax ME-F, which was the worlds first auto-focus camera released in 1980.

According to Pentax their DSLR's are compatible with any Pentax lens ever made so I thought, what the heck, there was only 15 minutes left on the auction and it was still only $7. How could I go wrong at $7 ? Even with the $8 S&H I figured it would be a good deal if it works.

Needless to say, I won the bid and 5 days later I had the lens in hand, still in the original box, wrapped in the plastic from the factory. It appeared as if it had never been used.

I am attaching a couple photos and let you decide if it was a good deal.

Comments (3)

Sponsored