Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My $7 Auto-focus tele lens

Posted by lazypup (lazypup@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Mar 2, 10 at 21:22

I have been shooting Pentax 35mm SLR's since 1968. Last September I decided to start putting some money aside to move up to a digital SLR when as luck would have it, I found a used Pentax *ist DL body on Craigslist for $250. That meant I could move up to a digital body while still using all my 35mm film lenses and accessories.

A month later I ran across an SMC Pentax F, 70-300mm auto focus zoom that had been listed 7 days and there was still no bids. The listing said the lens was for a Pentax ME-F, which was the worlds first auto-focus camera released in 1980.

According to Pentax their DSLR's are compatible with any Pentax lens ever made so I thought, what the heck, there was only 15 minutes left on the auction and it was still only $7. How could I go wrong at $7 ? Even with the $8 S&H I figured it would be a good deal if it works.

Needless to say, I won the bid and 5 days later I had the lens in hand, still in the original box, wrapped in the plastic from the factory. It appeared as if it had never been used.

I am attaching a couple photos and let you decide if it was a good deal.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My $7 Auto-focus tele lens

Wow, lazypup, you can see the crumbs on the cardinal's beak!!! I'd say it was a great purchase!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the neat pictures.

o

Congratulations! What a great deal. I hope someone took a photo of that big grin on your face. The pictures look great. It looks like the bluejay was flicking the seeds around just to get the right one. You can see the seeds flying.

Jane

o

Where is an emiticon for envy when you need one?

If you run across one for a Nikon, let me know!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here