Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miles and miles of Texas

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 20:48

One thing we have out here in this part of the country is a mostly tee-totally unobstructed view. This is about 20 miles from the point of interest.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miles and miles of Texas

That's great!...Still allot of open space down there!
If it wasn't for the white cross, buildings and barb wire,
one could imagine it as a Mars scape! LOL
Konrad

o

Ha. Mars might be insulted. ;)

The next time I'm out in the country around here Konrad I'll take one that cuts out any barb wire, and buildings - or any other sign of civilization, its usually not too hard to do around here.

The funny thing is without some of those cues for the eye, its hard to "see" that we are talking about a shot where you can see 20 miles.

o

Bet that makes for a long drive! Nice shots!

Juanita

o

Gorgeous country! One time DH and I were driving in MT, we talked about the little town up ahead that we could see. We drove and drove and drove...finally realized we were looking at Helena, which had to have been about 30 or 40 miles away!
JoanMN/FL

o

Its not quite Helena, Joan, but here's one of Amarillo from yesterday about 25 miles away on ridge in the Canadian River watershed NW of town.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here