Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New York City

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 19:36

My friend is on assignment in NYC, and she sent this shot of Central Park taken from an office window.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New York City

Beautiful! I always wondered what Central Park looked like. I have heard a lot about it but had no idea how pretty it is.

Kt

o

great shot of the skyline. I don't know if I would want to be up that high! I see they still have some snow there! We just got rid of ours this week, thanks to an unusual few warm days.(Chicago area)

o

Great picture....we were there in December but there was no snow.
We are going back in May so I will take lots of pics to share. Our new grandson lives in Manhattan with his parents....not far from Central Park.

o

What a neat shot, it looks like a very big park.

o

Great shot & dead on center!

Konrad

o

wow, what a great place to take photos from! She did a great job.
JoanMN/FL

o

Central Park is one of the Great American Spaces. It's huge, beautiful, perfectly planned out by Olmsted, and used by millions of people for a wide variety of activities. My brother in law lived in Manhattan and we always visited the park when we were there.

Actually, I don't think there's a formal list of great American spaces, but there should be. Might be a good topic for a posting...
Central Park.
Grand Canyon.
Chicago - where the big fountain is by the lake.
Las Vegas strip - whether you think it's ugly or beautiful, you can't deny that it's a gathering place for America.
Probably Times Square.
New Orleans - once and future, hopefully.

What else?

o

Excellent picture! NYC is my hometown, but I've lived in the country for a long time now. I look at that shot and think that Central Park is the only part that makes any sense. :-)

o

Wow, that is an excellent area shot...
juanital

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here