Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
don't know what this is called...'mask' ??

Posted by craftyc (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 18:21

and not even sure I can describe what I want to do:(bear with me!!)

Vacation photos...want to create a slide show.
Want to have an empty area in the shape of Alaska to fill with photo. Black background outside the shape. Is this called a mask, and if so, where does an amateur find one to use??? I hope I've explained this enough for someone to understand! Know I will probably have to put it into a print program of some sort and then arrange the photo behind it, right? thank you for any help, suggestions, comments, advice and guidance! (Novice photographer here, but think I can put together a slide show of photos!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: don't know what this is called...'mask' ??

Maybe "frame with background". I don't know if PowerPoint has custom frames. You might need different software. You'd compose the picture with frame in software of your choice, save the image files, and then import the images into PowerPoint.

o

you can join a yahoo groupe and download a tutorital on mask and frames I have learned alot.
I have paintshop and photoshop both are good for making frames and border with mask

o

I downloaded a dingbat font called GeoBats (free from DaFont)

In my image editor I made the Alaska character big enough to fill a 4x6 at 300 dpi.

I then filled the area with a picture to get this result:

Photobucket

Is that kind of what you are tying to do?

o

you can also download stars 1 and 2 fonts they are really beautiful
another great fonts is hole i use it often on my graphics
in winter there is snowdrift which is cute

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here