Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
snow snow snow

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 7, 09 at 14:14

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: snow snow snow

That is certainly a winter wonderland...we have had 140 inches, just a few short of the record for us. We have not had any for a couple weeks and all the piles are gone. The record seems safe with no snow in the forecast but there are a few weeks left for the possibility. At first I was hoping for the record, now I am ready to move on with spring.

o

Nice pics, Clairdo! I've only seen snow about 7 times in my entire life.

Crunchpa, 140"?? Wow!! What does that convert to in inches of rain?

Kt

o

I'm not sure of the onversion, but you would probably need an ark. We are on the south side of Lake Erie and when the cold air comes down from Canada and passes over warm (relative term) lake waters,we get hammered. We get lucky because the folks who live on the ridge 20 miles away get double that amount. All the communties have the snow removal equipment that is needed, and life goes on as usual. A good snowblower for the homeowner is a plus.

o

One inch of rain coverts to 8 to 12 inches of snow depending on the moisture and packing factor of the snow. The usual estimate for Wisconsin is 8 to 10 inches of snow per inch of water.

o

I don't see any pics! Where did they go! Did it melt? LOL
Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here