Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OK hobbyist

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 08 at 10:08

Get out those checkbooks!

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Manufacturer: Canon USA, Inc. Part number: 2011B002

$7,899.95 - $8,398.00at 7 online stores.

CNET Editors' rating: 9.0 out of 10
Average user rating: 8.0 out of 10

More product information: CNET Editor's Review

An $8000 camera with ALL the bells and whistles. 21 meg shots. Wow, wouldn't that be fun?!

I'd need a new hard drive for storage right off the bat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OK hobbyist

it sure would, we can only dream!

o

Yeah. Maybe I should have said "credit cards"? Ha ha.

o

Very nice camera! Of course the average hobbyist needs this about like the average commuter needs a top fuel dragster to get to and from work...maybe thats just the poor guy in me talking though...:)

If ever I decide to take my photography to the professional level, this is what I would want.

Funny story, i bought a photography mag a while back and they had some results from a contest in the previous issue. The second place was taken with that very camera, while the first place image was shot with a Sony H9 point and shoot cam...lol...

Guess it goes to show that the most important component of a camera is the eye attached to the viewfinder.

A

o

"Of course the average hobbyist needs this about like the average commuter needs a top fuel dragster to get to and from work..."

Ha ha. Exactly... but just think about how much fun the commute to work would be!

But, as I mentioned somewhere else, if you get a high powered camera, then you don't have anything to blame your bad shots on but you. ;) So, me, I stick with some less expensive models.

o

Lol, thats some good logic I suppose! :)

I speak strictly about needs...as far as wants go, sign me up...lol...and the drive to work would in fact be a blast...haha!

A

o

It is a very nice camera, most of the time this camera is just to "show" the client that they are a pro. It usually works, too.

I have visited a forums where a true hobbyist, amateur bought this camera and that person was asking for advice from others, man those Canon pro can be vicious, harsh and rude. The totally ripped into this girl because she had the audacity to buy a pro camera and wasn't a pro.

If you can actually afford it, why not buy?

Zjoe

o

I bet you are right joe. I'd be impressed if a photog I hired showed up with a Lambroghini of cameras like that one. My sister is a professional photog in Philly and is thinking about getting one.

But, as to "pros" being snobbish jerks... well, jerks are jerks whatever pretext they use to try to act all officious. Hope that amateur gal you mentioned saw through them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here