Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flamingos...

Posted by joanmn (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 10:08

I have always wanted to see flamings, last week we went to the Silver Springs Attraction and I finally got to see and photograph some.
They have unusual beaks.

Gorgeous feathers.

They like to hang out with other flamingos and preen.

Enjoying the clear water.

Sony DSC-H5.
JoanMN/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flamingos...

They are one of my favorite birds. Those look like Caribbean Flamingos.

Considering how ugly they look as chicks, its amazing how beautiful they are as adults. I have a picture of a two week old chick somewhere around here. I'll find it and post it.

ZJoe

o

Here it is

o

Ha ha, they wouldn't win any beauty contests, would they?
Joan

o

Stunning close-up on the feathers.

o

Love the close up of the feathers.Great color!
I don't think I have ever seen one in person.Their eyes are a strange color aren't they!

o

Wonderful shots...and that feather close-up is fantastic...and I thought all babies were cute when they were little...heehee..

juanital

o

here are some young'ns going through their "coat" change. One seems to be doing the robot.

o

OOh, love all these shots, some great close up too, thanks for sharing.

o

Lovely shots! I love the contrast and color!
Konrad

o

Nice, Joe. I can't wait to go back and get more pics. Next time, I'm using the polarizer and Canon XTi, just to see what color they look!
JoanMN/FL

o

Joan,
How do you like the ergonomics of the XTi, it is one of the smaller DSLRs out there.

On another forum someone caused an uproar because he said "more women will probably buy the XTi since it is smaller and women tend to have smaller hands, so they will be able to handle the camera better". He was blasted by the other member, called a sexist, bigot and all sort of other things. I didnt think he was trying to be rude, in fact his statement is the same thing my wife said when she held the XTi. Just wondering your thoughts on it.
ZJoe

o
RE: Flamingos...2

I went from the original Rebel (300D) to this. And one of the things I like about it is the lighter weight and smaller size. I picked up a 30D and thought that it was too big.
I am an avid what used to be called women's libber, but two things are irrefutable...men are stronger than women and have bigger hands! :>)
Joan

o

Love the 'feathers' shot. Perfect detail.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here