Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did a bad thing, need help

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 07 at 10:05

I dropped my camera this morning. It now has a shadow that moves from upper corner to upper corner. Pics below - one from yesterday, no shadow, the others, including of a white wall with the flash on, today.

What did I do? Can it be fixed? If so, any idea how much?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
And also

PS The shadow on the right of the first pic is a real shadow from a fence.

o
RE: Did a bad thing, need help

What kind of camera do you have?

Kt

o

Konica Minolta DiMage Z3. 4 mega pixels. Image stabilization.

o

Looks like your sensor moved. Unfotunately, the KM digital camera division is no longer around. Sony bought it.

Contact your local camera store and see how much it will cost. It might not be worth the $$. Sorry.

o

Those were kind of my hunches too, Joe. I was hoping some one might save me from myself! Well, I'll run it by our local camera shop. I am betting put it to rest with the estimated cost of repair.

It was so bad, I was thinking "I need to put that strap _around_ something..." just as the whole shebang slipped out of my hand.

Of course, it was almost three years old so its not like it was a high dollar loss. Still perturbed at myself.

o

Sorry about your camera problem.
I dropped my Konica Minolta Dimage Z1 in December....fortunately it still works but the battery case doesn't close completely. I sorta wish it would have really broken because I have never been really happy with it.
Hope yours can be repaired reasonably.....let us know what you decide to do.

o

Well, my local camera shop says: "Yep, needs to be sent off, probably be about $200." Don't know if that is accurate or just a way to get rid of the job they don't have any real interest in.

Anyone know of a good place to send it for repair.

No warranty is involved. Just need a repair shop to give me a close estimate to see if its worth repair.

o

Oh gosh I'm so sorry :(

o

That's too bad! ... it can happen to all of us, I know how you feel, hopefully you get over soon!
Nevertheless, lovely pictures!....In the first picture, is that a cherry tree?
Konrad

o

That's a young plum tree Konrad. This will be its third season. I am hoping to see how its fruit tastes this year, but, its still another month to our average last freeze date, so I'm afraid it will get frozen.

Thanks for commiserating.

o

Well, as kind of a public service announcement, there is good news on the camera front. Apparently it realingns itself. I turned if off and on probably a dozen times yesterday after the drop, and it kept having the shadow. But, gave it a try to get a little shot that popped up a little before sunrise this morning, and had this result

Still a little shadow in the far upprer corner, but not too bad. It may never be quite the same, but, I think it will be ok if it keeps going like that. (And, fwiw, the jet contrail was even a more vivid red to the naked eye.)

Thanks for all the info and imput.

o

RC, sorry to hear about camera...I'm always afraid I'ld do that myself...
juanital

o

Beautiful last picture!.....the little darkening on top corners compliment this picture!.....I want
a camera like this!! LOL

Konrad

o

Ha. Konrad, you are a true optimist!

o

I'm so sorry about your camera. Please keep trying to correct the problem and of course maybe a camera shop can take a look, it may not cost nearly what you would think. Call them first and see what they say.

Star

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here