Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cool snow clouds

Posted by minrose (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 08 at 9:12

On my drive home and later on, I saw these neat clouds with snow/rain coming out of them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cool snow clouds

Great shots Minrose.

Of course, in my neck of the woods when we see a cloud like the one in picture 2 this time of year with something hanging down... we start running and asks questions about what it might be later. :)

o

I jump in my truck and try to catch it...with my camera in tow of course! :)

Of course, i'm an idiot...so i have an excuse...:)

A

o

Lovely rain or snow clouds, minrose! ...and finally, it can hold no more.

Konrad

o

I've seen tons of clouds dumping rain....but never snow! Thats REALLY an awesome vantage point. Good shots!

A

o

oh yeah I can see what you mean about photo #2, it was just rain or snow though,luckily. thanks for the nice comments.

o

Yeah, minrose, I'm sure in Minn you aren't quite as paranoid about tornadoes as I am down here in Texas. ha. I've seen a few about as close as I want to and I'm a big scaredy- cat when it comes to those suckers.

o

It seems there is some virgo under those clouds (precipitation evaporating before it hits the ground).

o

Jemdandy, yeah there looks like there is some of that too. I learned a new word today, virgo. It was so neat, all around the sky there were these separate clouds with rain or snow coming out of them, some hit the ground and some were what you said virgo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here