Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question About Cropping on Picasa

Posted by yesican (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 12, 09 at 20:50

My camera is a Canon S3 IS and I use Picasa for editing photos for my blog. Recently I took some bird pictures in the sports mode to get the wing action. When I cropped the pictures to bring them in closer the size of the pictures went small. I don't know any other way to describe this and I don't understand why it's happening since it doesn't happen to other pictures I crop. I hope this makes sense. Does anyone know why this would happen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question About Cropping on Picasa

When you send the pics from Picasa to your Picasa Web album, there is an option to resize.

o

Yes but then the pictures are fuzzy. With all other pictures you can crop before exporting. You crop and the photo will remain almost the same size and fill up the picasa screen. When I crop one taken in sports mode it imediately goes to a real small picture.

o

Of course for cropping you need a large image size to start with. Is the camera set to the highest resolution in your sport mode?.

o

I don't have the slightest idea. I've never learned how to do anything but point and shoot.

o

I also have Picasa3 but found a free download, I like much better, you can do so much more with your photo's it is called "PhotoScape" I found it at CNET....

o

Hit the function button...scroll down to the file size....select 'L'

o

I think that did it. I'll try it on some birds tomorrow. Thanks very much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here