Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yay! my first slr!

Posted by ashelton80 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 08 at 19:49

Well, I took the plunge today...I plopped out some bucks and got me a Rebel XTI!!!

Got the camera w/usual accesories and kit lens, plus a 75-300 4-5.6 telephoto for $590. I felt like I got a good deal on it, as the camera is only a few months old, used at a Private Investigators office.

Still has factory warranty, and word of mouth 30 days from the guy I bought it from.

Seems to work like a dream so far....:)

Anyway, just sharing the good news...feel like I just had a kid! :)

A

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yay! my first slr!

Congrats! How fun!

o

You are going to love it! Is the lens an IS (image stabilized) lens? I had 2 long ones without IS, and I had to get IS to take sharp pics. Or use a tripod all the time, and I'm far too lazy for that.
I LOVE my Xti, and you will have such a great time learning!
JoanMN/FL

o

nah, dont have an IS yet...I SHOULD have waited on the XSI this april. It comes with one...but two extra megapixels and a couple of other bells and whistles didnt make up the price difference for me, Plus at $899 its gonna be outta my price range. Cant get anything THAT expensive til I slap a ring on my girls finger...:) I may order an IS lens, but 99.9% of the time I have my tripod handy. Gotta recover from throwin the dollars at this one first....I think for the price I got a good start anyhow! :) Thus far I have had a blast with it.....there are tons of pics that I got with my h7 that I'm looking forward to reshooting with this one.

If I can just get as good as Joan with it, Ill be content! :)

A

o

Thanks, Andy! (Tell your Mom hi). I think you started with a good camera, when you are ready to move up, you'll probably go up to the 40D or whatever is the newest Canon then. the Rebels are great cams.
JoanMN/FL

o

Congratulations on your new camera! Show us some photos;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here