SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_in_california

Rain+sunshine= mushrooms

We took a walk in our local Nipomo Native Garden yesterday and there were so many mushrooms sprouting....and many varieties.

Here is one:

Comments (5)

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

How beautiful, Carol! It almost looks like an undersea creature. :)

It's been a couple of months since I've seen mushrooms here...it's snowing in Eastern NC! I hope you don't mind if I post these.

At the base of a pine tree

Growing in an empty pot

These sprouted from a bale of straw in the vegetable garden.

• alisande
    14 years ago

How exotic--Carol's and Pam's, too! Around here, fall is mushroom season. But I didn't see any this past fall. Nice pics, you two!

• janepa
    14 years ago

Thank you for sharing your great photos of mushrooms.

Several years ago we were walking in the woods near our home in central PA and we saw a polka dot mushroom. I have never studied mushrooms and if someone had told me they came in polka dot I would not have believed them. It had a beige background with lavender pink dots. Needless to say we did not have a camera with us, but I carry a camera now everywhere we go, whether on foot or in the car.
    Jane

PS: I just got my Panasonic Lumix ZS3 camera yesterday so I hope to share some photos real soon.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    14 years ago

The mushroom pictures are really cool. Carol, yours looks like a pie crust to me! Maybe I'm just hungry. :)

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

Congratulations janepa...have a wonderful time with your new toy. :)
    Pam

Sponsored