Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frame and matt you photos?

Posted by photo2 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 28, 07 at 16:07

I aways enlarge, matt and frame my favorite photos and hang them on the walls. I change them usually when the season changes. I recently put up some flowers that I had taken in my garden last summer and hung them in my dinning area.. It gives me hope that spring is right around the corner and adds some cheer to this gloomy weather we have had in this area lately. How about you?? do you display your favorites?? I have seen some real beauties..if you don't you should! lol
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frame and matt you photos?

Oh, those are nice! I love the wide matts.

o

My wife matted eight different photos and put them up in the kitchen. Here is the latest pictures we put up, they are of our daughter - Daddy's eyes, Momma's Toes

o

awesome!....love them on the wall color! great shots!

o

wow, love those rooms, both of you. And great pics. I have thousands and thousands, I see mine mostly on my screensaver. But I have some framed and hung at home in MN, my favorites of my grandkids. And here in FL, I have a few hung. I have more I want to hang, but I can't find matching frames and mats in different sizes. I'd like to have them all match, so just the pictures would be different, like you both have.
JoanMN/FL

o

I suspect I will have more to hang, or give away, the in-laws gave me a matt cutter for x-mas. I haven't used it yet. I really have been slow getting the camera out lately. I seem to be a little bit busier lately...

o

I often thought of getting a matt cutter. I can't believe I haven't bought one by now. When you get around to using yours, give us your opinion. I know what you mean about being busy..... work sometimes interfers with our hobbies doesn't it! lol

o

Those are all very striking! Thanks for sharing them.

Photo2 - can you tell me about your wall words? Is that a stencil or a rub on. That goes so well with your framed prints.

Joe - love the red wall!

o

I purchased the Wall Words from a company I found on line called "Words Anywhere" You just tell them what saying, words, phrase you want in any color ,size, font you want and they will make it for you.It really looks just like someone painted it on your wall after you apply it. The service was prompt and I was very happy with the company. I have ordered twice from them and have no complaints. Their web sight has lots of good ideas and they will show you a preview of everything before you committo buying.

o

Thank you!

o

Photo2, your flower pictures are stunning and look wonderful on your dining room wall... love the word art! And Joe, yours looks great also... love the picture of the toes!

In the living room I have:

A 24 x 36 framed:

A 6 foot of this mounted on some kind of light weight board which my brother did for me:

And an 11 x 17 of this:

o

love them all. The last one is so dramatc looking! where was it taken??

o

The last picture was taken near Riverton, Wyoming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here