Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I really need your advice on a new camera!

Posted by kiendu (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 08 at 13:51

I want to buy a SLR Digital camera... I have 35 MM SLR cameras, and a point and shoot digital. But, I want a nice Digital. I used to take Wedding Photo's with my 35 MM's and have stopped doing it for a few years, but have decided to get back into it with a digital. So, I'll be taking wedding photos, and family photos.

Could you give me some tips/advice on what to buy? Lens suggestions? I'd like to be in the $600-$1000 range. I know this is broad question... there's alot of options. I was thinking about the Canon XTi Rebel (10.1 mp) Could you give me your opinions on that camera?

Anyone have any opinion on that Kodak Easyshare 5500 printer, where the ink is supposed to be so much cheaper? How's the prints?

ANY advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Cindy (from WI)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I really need your advice on a new camera!

I have decided to go with the Rebel XTi myself. The reviews on www.dpreview.com helped me, so I would check that site out, maybe it will make your decision easier.

Bear in mind that the Rebel XSi is due out in a few months. I think it is $899 with what I understand to be a good kit lens. I had debated on waiting, but Im impatient, and its a little out of budget. Its going to have a live view LCD, which is good, 12mp, and a feature that the XTi lacks, Spot Metering...a very useful tool!

Anyway, Hope that site helps....good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here