Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few Frosty morning photos

Posted by ronf (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 15, 10 at 11:53

Here in southeastern Minnesota we've had some below freezing mornings with fog. Hoarfrost forms on many surfaces.
One morning the crystals were very spikey.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A spruce cone.

Photobucket

Big Bluestem grass.

Photobucket

An Elm tree.

Photobucket

Even my dog, Lucy, started growing frost crystals.

Photobucket

Ron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few Frosty morning photos

LOVE those Ron!

The hoarfrost on the vines(?) that look like dainty Christmas wreath is so neat.

I'm sure a science guy could explain why negative and positive electrons in the moisture in the air and "grab" on to the frozen particles already there to make those "spikes"... but, to me, its still pretty strange and wondrous.

And, most importantly, however and whyever it does it on occasion, its awfully beautiful when it does.

Thanks for getting out there and sharing those.

o

Those are amazing, ronf. How beautiful! We lived in Duluth for a number of years and I remember the trees looking like that, but never to that extent. Wow. :)
Pam

o

Just beautiful!!

o

That is so cool - figuratively & literally : ) I have never seen this in person. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Your Lucy is sweet.
Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here