Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some photos from my new Panasonic Lumix ZS3 camera

Posted by janepa (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 20, 10 at 11:17

I am just learning the ins and outs of my new camera, but here are some untouched photos taken in the last few days. When I want to 'fix' my photos I still work with my old Olympus software, but I am going to check out what is on the Panasonic CD. I got my husband a Lumix ZS3 camera for Christmas and I had to have one for myself. Now we have our own contest going.

Our neighbor's

He wants the one in the very back

Mandy with a touch of snow

Not a pretty photo, but to show what the 85X digital zoom will pick up from a photo my husband took of the sign on the little house at the door 70' away through the sliding glass door. I have used the digital zoom at 50X and the photos looked good for that distance, but I did not get them uploaded yet.

It is great fun to take however many photos, whenever an idea pops in ones head, or an opportunity presents itself and not have the expense of getting the film developed.

Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some photos from my new Panasonic Lumix ZS3 camera

Really nice pictures, Jane. I don't know where you live, but it looks quite beautiful and your dog is gorgeous! Looks like you will be having lots of fun with your new camera. I look forward to seeing more pics in the future!!

o

Thanks for posting...boy, are you in for a lot of fun!
Pam

o

mdvaden, Thank you for sharing your pretty landscape photos. Your Canon is giving you great photos. Does your camera have voice recording? It comes in handy sometimes.
I waited until I could use the computer at work on my lunch break to check out your site. Very inspiring. I have dial-up at home (we live 'back in the sticks')and it takes forever to see large files.

Jane
PS: If you are seeing the Canon and the computer words in bold colored print I have no idea why, but I saw it when I previewed. Sorry.

o

Pretty sure I don't have voice recording. My one camera, is a Canon A650IS which is a couple of years old. Its been described in reviews as a Canon G7 minus frills. I like the 12 megapixels in it, and size. 6 x zoom.

Lately, I use a Canon SX10 IS, with 20 x zoom. Also no voice recording. Would be a nifty feature though.

The most important part for me seems to know when I left one grove and am in another. What I do sometimes, is take an image of my palm in-between to indicate the transition, or a note on a note card. But I can see where the voice option would be very streamlined.

Seems like most manufacturers have really worked the bugs out of most cameras these days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here