Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I fix a s-l-o-w Photoshop?

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 11:15

I've been tearing my hair out because one of my computers has gotten so unbearably slow. But I just realized the Excel, Explorer, and Word functions are working just fine. It's only Photoshop that has slowed down to a crawl.

I have no idea what the problem could be or how to remedy it. But I'll bet some of you know. I should post this on the Computer forum, too, I guess.

Thanks!

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I fix a s-l-o-w Photoshop?

Have you cleared out your temporary files, history, etc... you go to control panel and then internet options to get to it, and sometimes defragging the computer helps.

o

PS uses a lot of your RAM, if there is not much to work with it will run slower. I am not too educated in computers, though.

o

Minrose, I did both those things, and it didn't help. Thanks anyway. Joe, I know that computer is short on RAM, so perhaps that's the problem.

o

Susan, adding additional brushes, fonts, actions and styles to Photoshop will also cause it to run slower as it loads all of these each time the program opens.

o

Thanks, Peg. I can see I need to get serious about adding RAM. It was on my shopping list...until my dryer broke. :-)

o

Susan, I'm running 1.5 gig and I can see where 2 gig would be better and 3 gig would be awesome! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here