SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blue_velvet_elvis

I'm hoping to buy a new camera

blue_velvet_elvis
17 years ago

...within the next week. I've been reading your posts and clipped out a few that I thought had great information.

So far based on what I've read I'm liking the Olympus E500 or the Nikon d50. What are the pro's and con's of each of them. While I never plan to turn in my insurance license to become a professional photographer, I'd like a good quality camera that I can take portraits with and beautiful landscape pics and macros.

Also, do all camera lenses fit all cameras? Probably not, and probably a dumb question. My father was a photography nut and had great equipment although that was over 30 years ago. Somewhere I have a then somewhat expense minolta camera from 23 years ago when I was going to be a photo journalist. I quit school, and photography except for a few pictures here and there. Saved money taking my son's graduation pictures, have a few pics of this and that but by and large I need the camera to do all of the above and be easily managed. My first digital camera was a sony mavica with a disc, I upgraded to the very very large and cumbersome mavica with a cd. I stopped taking pictures as it was very very large and cumbersome.

I think I would like a camera that can be point and shoot OR manually set.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH