Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas on getting more action here

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 26, 09 at 10:34

When I first started coming here we used to have "projects" and everyone posted their pics on the "project".

Its been kind of quiet here recently.

Would that get a pick up in "business"?

Other ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas on getting more action here

I remember several years ago when this forum was very busy. There were 'assignments' that people would respond to. I haven't been making many pictures for the past couple of years- physical problems. I still check this forum out and enjoy the pictures that are posted. Maybe if another 'assignment' was started, it would liven the forum up. Any ideas from anyone?

o

Maybe if another 'assignment' was started, it would liven the forum up. Any ideas from anyone?

Suggestion: Pick a word...eg: "speed" "hot" "lonely"
and express it in a pic.
Don't use sunsets, animals or flowers.

o

"Don't use sunsets, animals or flowers."

Well, there goes my repertoire. Ha.

o

Mine too, lol. :)

o

What about trees?

o

Try something, anything....whats the harm.

o

I have not posted here in a long while but keep popping in to soothe my soul with pictures. I am not a good photographer but would welcome a "project" to keep me busy. My suggestion for an easy start would be SMILE.
Linda J

o

Assignments sound like fun, we could also do like a ABC's assignment too. Like the first would post an "A" photo, next person a "B" photo, etc....
I like the Smile one, Like post something that makes you smile or it is smiling, etc.

o

I'm not a good photographer either and it is mostly just for the fun of it. Digital makes it so easy.
So shall we start with lindajewell's suggestion and use 'smile' for the first assignment? How about it, people?

o

sounds good.....I will put the title 'smile' on a seperate post, and people can post whatever they like...its interpretive to the individual, if you can't get out for something new, post a photo from your archive...no time limit. After it gets a decent response,we can start another assignment.

o

I visit occasionally but would appreciate the opportunity to participate. Thanks!
Pam

o

I'm enjoying the SMILE thread. Hope we can keep something like this going.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here