Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lunar eclipse

Posted by caudex1 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 08 at 8:57

Here's my attempt, tough since my longest lens is 200mm plus the crop factor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lunar eclipse

wow!
I just have a point and shoot, no tripod...used a bag of rice....and the zoom. This was taken at around 8 pm
Lunar eclipse 2-20-08 @ 8:00

o

Wow! How cool is that. Caudex, that is very sharp and clear.

I wanted to go out and get some photos, I really meant to. But it was below zero here and I wimped out and missed the whole thing. Next chance 2010.
Marnie

o

Wow, Caudex...that turned really nice!

Jean I have managed to get a very rare few with ps...I have no idea how...

but I tried last nites lunar eclipse...this what i got and it was on a tripod! :(
Photobucket

Juanita

o

juantia, looks like something from Star Treck. Planet Zeenobe with 18-moons.

o

Out 46 shots that was the best one, should have used a higher iso than 400 to get the shutter speed fast. At 1sec the details are a tad soft.

Juanita,
What setting did you use? looks like you clicked the shutter manually.

o

LOL, Marnie...I thought it looked familiar, tehee...

Caudex, if you mean the button that's what i used, don't have a cable or remote...plus I had forgotten to prepare for it, I knew it was coming...so I probably had on whatever setting I had last, which looks like>>> F5.6>>>Normal Program>>>30 second exposure>>>White balance Manual>>focallength-200.00mm, (used the 18-200Vr)...please excuse me I'm not always sure of what I'm reading on the exif...it also looks like it says 1x for digi zoom? Thanks Caudex!

Juanita

o

Caudex, I think she may have had a minor earth quake when she took the shot. LOL

Some day we should start a blooper thread. I've got boxes of dumb and dumber mistakes;) Photos of dog's hind legs because they ran just as I clicked. Cats with evil glowing eyes. Unidentifiable silhouettes because I used a fast setting on a dark day. Thank goodness for digital...otherwise I would be paying to have this stuff developed.

o
Lunaracity...

Hahaa...I think thatsa good idea Marnie...most of the time mine end up in the recyclabes unless its just too funny! I love digital!

Juanita

o

I used the timer instead of clicking the shutter manually.
When I got to work this morning...there was the bag of rice still on the roof of my car! LoL It was frozen there.

The rice bag and the delayed shutter are two things I learned in a little photography class I took. Very helpful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here