Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowy Owl

Posted by konrad___far_north (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 3:01

Brand new shots with Canon Rebel XT, lens 70- 200mm IS F2.8 and using 2x extender.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They can turn head up to 270 degr.

Preparing for take off!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowy Owl

Konrad- beautiful pictures! What a contrast between the white owl and that blue sky. Why did I always think owls were out only at night?

o

Really great shots, Konrad. Especially the one where he is giving you the evil eye.

I'm always impressed with the clarity of your pics. On the pics you posted today, did you use a stand or hold the camera?

o

Congratulations on your new camera! Your owl pictures are beautiful.

o

Konrad - great pictures, especially second one.

o

Great pics, Konrad! I like the wing action...That white against the deep blue, so crisp and clear...Congrats on your new cam, too....Are you finding the transition from old to new, uncomplicated?

juanital

o

Thank you all!

>>On the pics you posted today, did you use a stand or hold the camera?<<

I was holding the camera, shooting from the cars sunroof.
It was such a thrill doing this, my heartbeat went thru the roof, LOL, we, [my wife shooting with the canon S2IS from the side window] where fortunate to witness such a.....perhaps ones in a life time experience. I'm still in disbelieve!

Snowy Owls have been rare the last about 10 years, ...this could be of scars food source in the artic tundra, where they breed and have young ones.

>>Congratulations on your new camera!<<

Thank you Doris & juanital...
I should have mentioned, brand new shots this weekend, it has confused some of you.....sorry!
Have used my very first digital camera from over a year ago, Santa got a new tele lens for this last Christmas.

Konrad

o

Thanks for the info.

And they are super pics. Beautiful bird, of course.

o

Nice shots!

o

WOW....those are some nice captures there.

o

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Oh WOW! Definately a once in a lifetime chance! I am extremely jeolous!
Good work

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here