Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What happens Jan 2 when Jack Frost drinks too much on New Year

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 2, 10 at 18:36

Here's a link to an album I did today. The freezing fog rolled in this morning. No rain, no sleet, no snow. Just "frost" but weird, long, sharp spikes of "frost".

http://picasaweb.google.com/Thalia1957/FreezingFog1210#

Here is a link that might be useful: Jack Frost's handiwork when he's hungover.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What happens Jan 2 when Jack Frost drinks too much on New Yea

Those are amazing! #23 is my favorite.

o

I am in awe.....amazing pictures.
Thanks for sharing them.

o

Nice! Those reminded me unusual icicles seen on Mt. Washington in New Hampshire at the observation building. During certain weather conditions when mositure laden winds rise over the ridge and slams into the building, icicles form on the railings, but these are different. These point into the wind and thereby are almost horizontal. The icicle grows at the tip pointed toward the wind. Wierd shapes develop, some appearing like medieval instruments of torture.

o

That cardinal looks SO cold! Beautiful photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here