SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piper101_gw

Nikon D 60,,,VR lens vs. Non VR lens,,worth it

piper101
15 years ago

Hi, I'm leaning toward a D SLR and stopped into a camera store. The Nikon D40 doesn't have the VR lens that is anti shake but the D60 does,,,of course I can upgrade but it's more money. Is this "VR" lens that much better???

Also, I've had a few Pentax's in my day and liked them. What do you think of Pentax K2000 vs. the Nikons? D60 or D40....I'm running to Circuit City in hopes there is a "real" price reduction and not some come on...Thx

Comments (3)

• piper101
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well...I just called Circuit City,,they have the D60 with the 18-55mm VR lens for $479,,was $599,,,,Costco has the D60 with 18-55 VR and other lens to 200mm VR for $699...I'm not looking to spend $699 right now but that is the rebated price for a limited time,,,,WILL I REGRET NOT GETTING THE BETTER PACKAGE,,,I priced the long telephoto lens VR at it's about $200 so I could get that later. HELP ME...

• tooltime47
    15 years ago

Before I buy any Camera equipment, I go to the Fred Miranda site to read the reviews.
    I have found them to be very helpful.
    Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Fred Miranda

• bjeanne
    15 years ago

While Digatal SLR's do not have the same problems with camera shake as Point & shoot, it can still be an issue particularly at longer exposures. I have moved to Nikon VR lenses for that reason and I am quite happy. Mind you it will also depend on the kind of photography you are planning. I do a lot of macro using a 105 mm and bird photography using a 70-300 amongst others. Longer and heavier the lens the more valuable I have found the VR.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus