SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piper101_gw

suggestions of high zoom almost digital slr

piper101
15 years ago

Hi, I take a lot of pictures on trips, landscape and action, up close flowers, nature etc. I've had a compact digital camera for a couple yrs. but want to UPGRADE to something with a better zoom, faster for action shots etc. Honestly I think a digital SLR would be too complicated for what I'd use it for and I don't want to spend a vacation frustrated and miss shots because of learning curves etc.

SO... I have been searching for I guess a high powered zoom digital camera that lets me do point and shoot but lets me play with the goodies you get on SLRs. I've narrowed it down somewhat to Panasonic Lumix lines, FZ28K or FZ28S, an Olympus 20x zoom, a Nikon Coolpix P80, Cannon Powershot 20x 10MP or possibly a fuji film fine pix series. Pentax doesn't seem to make this hybrid,,not sure about Sony (my friend had problems with hers, (don't know which one).

Of course hubby, being a minimalist, threw out my Consumer Rpts issue all about this subject!

What are your thoughts, advice,,things to look out for or that are important,,,batteries vs. lithium ion charger etc.

What say you all? Thanks for your time.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths