Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A good quote that can apply to photography

Posted by rcnaylor (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 19, 10 at 14:29

"Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.
- Andre Gide"

While my picture taking might not rise to art, it sure is how I feel about almost all the pics I take. Especially the sunrise and sunset ones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A good quote that can apply to photography

Oh wow, I love that one rc. Amen! :)
I often think of how wonderful it is to live in this world where the sky gives us a spectacular show every single day....it's ever changing.
Pam

o

Thank you for sharing that one. I thought it was so good that I am printing it out and posting it on the wall above my work station.

I realize that there are some people who don't believe in God, and I not only support their right to do so, I served 8 yrs in the military to defend that right, but for me, when I peer at nature through the viewfinder I am constantly amazed at the beauty in even the lowliest things, case in point, the attached photo of a toad stool.

Photobucket

o

Thanks. And, I agree completely with this "I am constantly amazed at the beauty in even the lowliest things, case in point, the attached photo of a toad stool." I love macro shots because if you just "stop and smell the coffee", there is often a great deal of beauty right in front of us.

Like lazypup's toadstool shows so well.

o

I feed bad for people who don't stop to admire all the beautiful things in our world like when the sky is dark blue on a beautiful day or sunsets or wildflowers.

o

Great quote, rc! I thoroughly agree. I try to see it everyday. And Lazypup, your toadstool is amazing. It looks lit from within. Fantastic detail too. Wonderful!

o
A butterfly on flowers

Your quote made me think of this picture that I took at a Butterfly Show we had here at our Conservatory.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here