SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rcnaylor

Will accidents never cease?

rcnaylor
16 years ago

Yesterday I went out hoping to capture another blazing sunrise our high dry climate gives us around here this time of year. But, for whatever reason (clouds too low in the atmosphere?) the sun came up behind the cloud bank to the east and there wasn't a spot of color. Zero. So, I moved over to a playa and took a few pics. See other thread.

But, I took this one, cropped it, put in as black and white, and it kind of reminds me of an "artsy" real photographer picture that is designed to send a message or evoke an emotion beyond "hey, ain't that a pretty one" which is my usual effort.

Its kind of like some of those photos you see of grimy coal miners, or a row of dilapidated row houses in the city.

I'm not quite sure what the "nest" of power poles and birds and flat earth and brushed clouds and sun might convey to people. The drabness of our industrial society? Something different for everyone I guess. Kind of bleak and melancholy yet possibly hopeful (the sun does keep coming up, the birds are still flying)?

Or, some might just see a gray uninteresting pic. Oh well, thought I'd post it and see what you guys thought.

{{gwi:56341}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored