Return to the Photography Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need camera suggestion

Posted by suzenla (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 12, 11 at 5:58

I need a suggestion for a user friendly camera that will take great pictures outdoors. I will be photographing my plants, especially daylilies, and especially am interested in a true reproduction of the color as these pics will be used as I offer my plants for sale. I have a finepix now which actually does a pretty good job, except for the color issue. Thanks, Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need camera suggestion

Suzenla, no matter what camera you buy, you may have to tweak certain colors in a photo editing program. It's not difficult to do.

I photographed these flowers with several different cameras, and made some sort of adjustment to the majority of them. Reds are particular hard to capture accurately.

o

I have photographed flowers with the novice versions of Nikon and Canon. Both are ok, but the Nikon sensor has the better color saturation and dynamic range; Both attributes critical to good blossom photos.

o

Be certain to have your computer monitor calibrated....the problem might not be the camera.

o

Here some pictures from the Canon SX10 IS....I find the colors very good.
This camera is the older version of today's SX30 IS

Right out of the camera no editing needed.

canon SX10   <BR>IS

canon SX10 IS

canon SX10 IS

canon SX10 IS

canon SX10 IS

o

Konrad......were these taken using the macro setting? They are absolutely beautiful. I have been playing with my macro setting today and not sure mine are taking such a crystal clear shot. Any suggestions?

o

My Wife took these in summer.
Yes, macro, light is the most important thing when taking pictures, these were taken in summer under bright sunlight. In winter I find we don't get enough light. Setting was on TV, [shutter priority], play with shutter speed and ISO. You can also put ISO on auto.
The different with this new camera, SX30IS is, the lens has to be in, the position when you power up your camera, don't touch the zoom.

Konrad

o

If the original poster is still around (?), I forgot to mention that you should avoid the noonday sun when photographing flowers. Shoot in early morning light, or late in the day.

Did you pick a camera?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Photography Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here