Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two kittens, one with sensitive stomach

Posted by laila_2009 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 23:44

In October we got two brother kittens, but very different. We fed iams dry and taste of the wild wet. After we got back from Thanksgiving, one started throwing up. To make a long story short, took to vet, put on Id wet cat food, stopped dry cat food, put on antianflamatory antibiotic. Got better. I tried Halo sensitive dry, chicken and brown rice California natural wet. All was going well till I over fed one night. Again the throw ups with blood. We stopped dry and feed exclusively wet.

Question, for anyone in this situation, how do you feed two different cats? Is an all wet diet good for kittens? He also seems to do good with chicken soup , cut up chicken and broth parts. I add onion, but it is only a flavoring

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two kittens, one with sensitive stomach

Onions are toxic to cats so please don't add it to their food.

The vets I work with prefer feeding canned food instead of dry and their clinic is seeing fewer health and obesity problems in cats fed only wet food.
My cat has been on canned food since she was 7 weeks old and has held her weight at 9.5 lbs over the past 2 years.

This post was edited by annz on Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 12:25

o

Wet food is better for cats as it provides them more fluids from what I understand. My cats get both. What I found with wet only is that one of my cats teeth was very bad with only wet (multiple cleanings in early years) and the dry food seemed to help with that issue.

If you feed only wet and have kittens, I would just suggest you start dental cleanings now. The younger you start cleaning their teeth, the easier they seem to deal with it and it will help reduce how often dental cleanings are needed.

o

Does anyone have a good automatic feeder that has coldpacks for wet food?

And is there anything they can chew on that cleans their teeth?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here