Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

Petmate double door or Aran 3 double door pet carrier for cats?

esther_b
10 years ago

Just took my giant Maine Coon and my diminutive rescue kitty to the vet today for their annual shots and checkup. Getting them through the door of my 20 year old Vari-Kennel was quite difficult, as the little cat spread her limbs out to avoid being put into the carrier. Then, at the vet's, they were difficult to remove from the cat carrier. I told myself right at that moment, "Time for a double-door pet carrier!" My vet agreed.

So I've been looking online exhaustively at double-door pet carriers and it's down to two: The Petmate double door and the Marchioro Aran 3 double door. Petmate gets great reviews all over the web, but my cats like to have me finger-pet them while I'm driving them to the vet, and the irregular holes on the sides would make that a bit difficult. The Aran 3, although some people gave negative reviews on it, especially on the apparently poorly written assembly instructions, has regular side slots which would make it easier to reassure my cats on the ride to the vet. Also, you can get optional wheels for the Aran. The Coon weighs 12 lbs. by herself and the little girl weighs just shy of 7 lbs. They like to be in the same carrier on the way to the vet to give each other courage, it calms them.

So, has anyone had experience with either of these double-door carriers, and can you please share it with me?

Thanks!

Comments (2)