Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginny_mclean_petite_garden

OK I guess there is no gallery so here are the fantastic five...

No gallery on this forum so I will share the odd litter here. This is what happens when you cross a white factored, bi factored tri colored sheltie girl with a bi factored sable merle boy. Almost one of every sheltie color!

Ginny Garden

Gairden's Shelties

Edmonton AB Canada

Angel's little Devils

Gairden's True Grit (Tonka), Gairden's Destiny's Child (Desi), Gairden's Sweet Molly Malone (Molly), Gairden's Murphy's Law (Murphy) and Gairden's Paint Bi Number (Painter)

Comments (18)

• Elly_NJ
    12 years ago

Whoooo, cuteness!

• kitasmommie
    12 years ago

such beautiful puppies :)

• jomuir
    12 years ago

have you ever been to www.sheltienation.com? Very active sheltie site, lots of Canadian owners present also. Daily fix pictures, you should submit this pic. Come see us there.

Very cute puppies, makes me want another dog!

Here is a link that might be useful: sheltienation

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

Those pups are awesome Ginny. I was waiting for the pictures. Thanks for posting. Marg

• ladybugfruit
    12 years ago

What beautiful babies!!! Love that everyone is a different color!!

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jomuir ~ Have been on SN a couple of times and a friend of mine usually spends lots of time there. She is also a sheltie breeder. I don't show anymore as I am just not into the politics but I am familiar with a few breeders. My foundation mom's sire is a US dog out of Famous Amos line. The mom of that litter and retired now. She is an amazing mom and a very special girl.

Marg ~ That litter was really funny. I wasn't intending to keep any of them but The Painter Man is still Momma's Boy at 7; a title he now shares with his son Gairden's Blackjack. And my last puppy from Chloe's litter is now Ann's Momma's Boy at Trails End Iris! He is beautiful at almost 9 months now! :)

Ladybug ~ Nice litter with almost every allowable color. I am often asked what breed or breeds they are since they are all different. Bi black, blue merle with tan, tri, sable, and bi blue merle. I am missing a sable merle. Her next litter was 2 color headed whites, 2 bi blacks and 3 tris.

Angel's grandaughter, Chloe, just had a false pregnancy to Painter so I guess no puppies for Christmas. I really didn't want another litter at Christmas anyway. Next summer. :)

Painter at almost 7 Sept 2011

Ginny

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful dogs.

• pamghatten
    12 years ago

Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

• lynn_d
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! I would like one of each please!

• User
    12 years ago

How luscious those darlings are. I love them all.
    Congrats on such a mixture.
    I thank you for this picture. I must come here more oftena nd get my fix.

• aviolet6
    12 years ago

Adorable puppies. I've always liked shelties. I grew up hearing them called collies though. Eventually learned it's the same dog.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Uh oh....better not say that around a sheltie breeder. Shelties are Shetland Sheepdogs and Collies are Collies......2 totally separate breeds. These are Shetland Sheepdogs and I have been breeding them for about 10 years. Although Collies were used in the creation of the Shetland Sheepdog breed, they are completely different breeds. And shelties are NOT miniature collies as some have been lead to believe. There is no such thing as a miniature collie.

There are many herding breeds and they all have distinct and separate standards unless they are a cross bred dog and not registerable as a purebred.

Thank you for the comments and interest in my kids. They are a handful sometimes. I have 5 adult shelties and puppies occasionally. Very smart dogs, incredibly easy to train, and always under foot! As they were bred to drive stock, they instinctively follow me everywhere! Just try and close a sheltie out of the bathroom!

Ginny

The three amigos from the last litter March 2011

Gairden's Calendar Girl (Koka), Gairden's Johnny Cash (Casey), and Gairden's Good Golly Miss Molly ( Molly) at 5-6 weeks

• cookie8
    12 years ago

Very cute. I love, in the first pic, they look like they are smiling for the camera. I have to say, the last pic, I am a sucker for a black and white dog. So cute, all of them.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Cookie ~ It took a lot of crazy glue to get that first picture! They were all playing with each other until the moment before the picture was snapped and I got their attention. Always fun having puppies around and when all the dogs are together they look like a herd of Holsteins!

Ginny

• airforceguy
    12 years ago

Shelties are the perfect dog!! Miss my dear Simba a great deal! So loyal and so intelligent! Your pups are a good looking bunch

Original Author
    12 years ago

AFG ~ You got it! So sorry you lost your Simba......I hope you have another companion now. Our pets are so important for our health! :)

Ginny

• airforceguy
    12 years ago

Yes we have a rescue dog and she is great, love her to death. But 1 of these days will get another sheltie. I think the next one will be called Shadow, as they are always by your side. Who needs bathroom reading material when you have a sheltie to talk to.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Good to hear! Yes, I generally have at least 2 of them in the bathroom with me. Growing up, the sheltie breeder across the alley had a tri named Shadow. Common sheltie name. Another one is Merlin......like that is surprising! :)

Ginny