Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbaird_gw

My beautiful sweet Taylor

bbaird
13 years ago

Taylor died this past Monday. She had just turned 12 in November.

Taylor was the sweetest, most gentle, most cheerful, most loving, friendliest cat.

To paraphrase Nilsson:

People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,

She's a warm hearted kitten who'll love me till the end.

People let me tell you bout my best friend,

She's a one toy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.

I can't stop crying because she deserved better.

I want to thank everyone who helped me over the years with my questions. Laurie (laurief) and Meghan (meghane) who helped me decide on radioiodine treatment when Taylor needed it and who allowed me to email them many times about it and, also, for Laurie insisting that I warm Taylor's fluids.

And everyone who answered my posts these past several months.

Comments (12)

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

(((HUGS)))

Tomorrow night we will light a memorial light for our kitten Mayu who died (had to be pts) on Dec 26, 2003. We had just lost our 16 yr old and 15 1/2 yr old cats within a few months of losing her.

My heart goes out you. It's never easy.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

RIP Taylor. So sorry for your loss. We feel your pain.

• Lily316
    13 years ago

I know you're hurting. I'm sorry for your loss. A sweet kitty.

• Ninapearl
    13 years ago

i'm so sorry for your loss. taylor was a beautiful girl.

((((hugs))))

• Anne_Marie_Alb
    13 years ago

It will take a long time to erase the painful images of your deteriorating Taylor!! In the meantime, it's OK to cry. I am very sorry! Too young to go, for sure! Beautiful lady! Love that first picture!
    My heart goes out to you,
    Anne-Marie

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

RIP sweet Taylor...

The photo of her under the blanket is a treasure.

• laurief_gw
    13 years ago

I, too, am so sorry for the pain you are feeling now, but I'm glad that Taylor's beautiful spirit is no longer bound to a failing body. It took a long time for me to allow myself to feel relief after the passing of one of my beloveds, but I now accept relief (for the animal, not for myself) as a loving response to the release that death brings for the animal. It doesn't minimize the pain of loss, but it does help put it into a rounder perspective.

I know all too well how devastating the loss of a beloved can be for us who remain behind, esp. when the loss occurs during an emotional time of year like Christmas. You have my deepest sympathy.

Blessed journey, sweet Taylor.

Bbaird, I wish you a peaceful grief.

Laurie

• Meghane
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry about Taylor. She was a very lucky cat to have you take such good care of her through all her major illnesses. I'm sure she knows how much she is loved, and I have absolutely no doubt that anyone could have done better for her. I hope you find peace very soon.

• bbaird
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts. I know most of you have experienced your own heartbreak.

Taylor was the heartbeat of my home. It's so still now.

The middle 2 pictures of Taylor were after she had finished grooming herself and, somehow, managed to give herself a fauxhawk. I thought it was funny.

-Diane

• vicki7
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry about Taylor.. I know it is enough to rip your heart out. She was a beautiful cat. Thanks for posting the pics.

• quasifish
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry about Taylor. She was indeed a very pretty kitty, and it sounds like she had the personality to match. (((HUGS)))

• sylviatexas1
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry.