Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cataracts in dogs

Posted by deb18 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 27, 09 at 16:58

Has anyone used Can C or Bright Eyes for cataracts in their dogs? If so, was the treatment successful? I'm hoping to find something that'll help without surgery, because my dog is 15 and surgery seems extreme at his age.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cataracts in dogs

Bright eyes is probably your best bet. Tho that stuff is wildly expensive. Good luck with whatever you choose and please repost to let the rest of us know what you have experienced and how well the product worked for your pet.

o

Cataracts are not inherently painful, and most dogs do quite well without vision in one or both eyes, so long as you protect him from falling down stairs and don't move the furniture around.

Is it an old age cataract or is there some underlying disease like diabetes?

o

I think this is just an old age thing. He has always been pretty healthy and even now is very spry and has a glossy coat and plenty of energy. His only problems are being hard of hearing and the cataract. That's why I hope to find him some help, because he could live another couple of years and I want them to be as pleasant as possible.

I don't mind paying for the medicine if it has a chance of helping. I just don't want to fall for a scam and hoped someone here had tried one of these medications.

o

I have not tried the medicine, but the Bright Eyes web sight is VERY impressive. They listed clinical trials, their work on humans as well as animals and testimonials, if you need more I would suggest you ask to talk with some of those clients who have used their product. Contact Bright Eyes through their web sight.

o

Thanks, mazer. I'll take a look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here