Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Catnip toy question

Posted by joyce58 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 6, 11 at 16:16

I do craft shows and now have quite a few small ( good quality) catnip toys left over from my last show...Since I only do holiday shows, can I keep these toys (in an air tight bag) until my next group of shows...This may be next October...Will the catnip loose its potency in which case I will just give away to everyone I know who has a cat!
Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Catnip toy question

I don't know about potency, but you cold always donate/gift them to a shelter or rescue group. I volunteer at a nearby no-kill shelter, and we could always use more toys for the cats there. :-)

o

Thanks for the reply....I am thinking about doing exactly that!

o

I think the potency would be okay. I have this plastic container of catnip that must be about 10 years old by now. My cats still open the cabinet door and dig that thing out and play with it. One of them recently dragged it around for three minutes trying to get it open - captured on video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Proof that catnip lasts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here