Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
addyvadi

My cat has stopped eating

AddyVadi
12 years ago

Hi,

I have had a rescued cat Tommy for a year. It is alegedly 4 years old and I don t have any background on him. When he came he was extremely obese, scared of people, streesed. Over the past year he has made a huge improvement, started interacting with pople, move more around the house, he lost some weight but still has remained lazy and fatty. It s been hard to put him on a strict diet because I have 3 more cats, two of them very young that need different diet. So dry food basically was available all the time until recently when I decided to feed them twice a day. Tommy first was always hungry, looking and asking for food all the time, and then on Saturday I noticed he was not into food. But the last couple of days he doesn t want to eat at all, sleeps more, he drak some water last night that I put in front of him on sofa but rejected water this morning. Of course water is available all the time, but I work long days and don know if he drinks it. Besides this, there is no other symptoms. No vomitting( he vomitts sometimes-hairballas, but hasn t done it lately) stool seems normal, no sneezing, caughing, watered eyes, nothing. JUST DOESN T WANT TO EAT, LOOKS SAD AND SLOW AND SLEEPY. PLEASE HELP ME. Even though I read that there could be 500 reasons why he doesn t eat, what would be first suspicion and advice to get checked? I cannot afford numerous expensive examinations but definitely will be taking him to a vet. Thank you so,much.

Comments (5)