Return to the Pets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeing snow for the first time!

Posted by carmen_grower_2007 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 4, 10 at 13:38

Our four kittens are now 7 mos. old and this morning, experienced their first snow. I let them sleep in the guest house last night because we knew the big snow was coming. Normally after being in all night they can't wait to get out in the morning. My husband opened their door and we should have made a video.

He called me to watch and all four were standing in the doorway with amazement in their eyes. All, little by little touched the snow with their little cutie paws and then retreated immediately! What is this stuff??? We left the sliding glass doors wide open as they watched the two labs and one adult cat jump and chase through a foot of new snow.

The doors are still open --- I really can't afford to heat the outdoors but this is such a treat to watch. We shoveled a path from the guest house to the main house and they venture a few feet and then run back in. Scary stuff, that snow!

I love this time of year but after Feb. I am ready for spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeing snow for the first time!

That is very cute. It's fun to see the new ones in the snow. I'm with you though....I love the prettiness of snow but my the end of February at the latest I am more than done with snow and winter.

I had a tinge of sadness the other day when we got our first inch of snow. My old lab would always rub his face in the first snow of the year...now he is gone it's funny the things we remember.

Enjoy your animals! They are lucky to have you and vice versa!

Duane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here